From our friends over at festivalslab:
Now that the wedding is out the way, the world can now focus on The Next Thing…namely Culture Hack Scotland which starts on Friday evening. Here are some things you will find interesting:
- DATASETS keep on coming. The latest are from National Museums of Scotland, GFT and the BBC with more being cleared inc. National Library of Scotland and the Guardian. Oh yes AND there is the first ever public release of official Edinburgh footfall data.
- There will be lots of GOOD PROPER FOOD available during the event including three full meals available – a kickoff dinner on Friday, breakfast++ on Saturday and also lunch. And yes there will be coffee and beer and fruit and cake and nice things like that.
- As if lovely croissants and coffee isn’t enough to get you up for Saturday morning, for the breakfast++ session on Saturday morning we will be joined by geek comedian and hackday veteran @TOMSCOTT for your entertainment and perhaps inspiration
- The event JUDGES have been announced who include the Head of Technology at BBC Scotland and and chair of the Edinburgh Festivals’ Innovation Programme. And yes…judges mean prizes!
- We have begun publishing a series of mini VIDEOS of people with different perspectives on hacking culture. They are ace.
- At #chs11 we will be making an EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT about the Edinburgh festivals’ open data plans this summer. No spoilers, but if you get involved you will have the chance to make a little bit of festival history.
- There are still a limited number of SPACES for developers and designers left. Tell your friends, colleagues and associates if you think there should be there. Because they should.
- Later this week you’ll hear from us again with some thoughts for PROJECT IDEAS. While hackdays must be protected as an experimental playspace, we’ve had feedback from several developers that they’d like to know more about what might be most useful for arts orgs so we’ll act on that.