EU Crisis as Seen by a 9 Year Old
- The toreador in a floppy hat, and the F1 driver with his helmet, represent Spain, Italy and the rest of the Euro Periphery.
- The three men with helmets, shields, and medieval weaponry represent the CDU, CSU and FDP parties in Germany.
- The blue-and-white sailor boy is Finland. Obvs.
- The woman with an oversized carrot and her friend in overalls with a shovel represent the Social Democrats and Greens.
- Wotan represents the Bundesbank.
- The piggy bank is the IMF.
- The grey-haired Banque chap is the ECB.
- The chap in the red bib is Poland.
- The artists are France.
- The angry chef, the sweeper with a broom, the airline pilot, and the rest of the motley crew at bottom left, represent EU taxpayers in Core countries.
- The storm troopers are the EU Commission and Euro Group Finance Ministers, chaired by Jose Manuel Barroso and Jean- Claude Juncker.
- The monocled banker and his assistant are EU bondholders and shareholders.
This courtesy of Felix Salmon, hat-tip to Vinay Gupta.