It’s taken us since 2007 to set up a shop, so I think we have failed some sort of entrepreneur test. But we got there eventually.
During the lockdown this Spring we have been busy working on some improvements to the site. Some of these improvements take the form of subtle refinements to the website’s user interface, while others will be more noticeable, such as the addition of our new Shop(!)
We’ve taken into account as much user feedback as possible and we’d welcome any constructive words on our latest version as we refine and expand our site.
- Our top article on the homepage has been redesigned, so that we now have a consistent aspect ratio for our images. We’ve also made the title bigger and added the name and photo of the contributing author
- We’ve removed the media type icons from the homepage panels to declutter the display and we’ve refined the spacing within the panels to tighten things up a bit
- We’ve redesigned our tags system – not only do they have a nicer look on the homepage and individual article pages, but we now provide access to the most commonly used and most recently used tags on our Tags page
- We’ve redesigned our search bar to include Bella – she’s a part of our identity so we wanted to give her a purpose
- We’ve improved the scroll animation on our sticky header (the menu that appears at the top when you scroll down a page)
- We’ve improved our contributors page with the search and sort now at the top of the page and applied to both featured and other contributor sections.
Our shop is a bit sparse at the moment (one poster, one book!) but it will soon be brimming with Bella merch and allow us to collaborate with designers and artists.
Anyway, it’s one of those things that we spend a lot of time on behind the scenes and people will probably hardly notice, but we thought we’d let you know …